Thursday, July 1, 2010


Of all the places I would love to go see in the world, this is one of the top ones.


The Rosary of the Chapel of Vence. Designed by Henri Matisse when he was 74 years old. An act of love for a nurse who had tended him when he was sick. I can imagine him wanting it to be beautiful and wanting to bless the woman who had given him tender care.. Hoping they would love it and be blessed.



I love the crispness of the blue and white. I can imagine the Mediterranean air coming in and making it all fresh and bright.



I also love this picture of Matisse, older, in a wheel chair, but still loving to play with color and shape and designs... 
Not everything Matisse did is my fave. But I do love his sense of play and the way he used color.
Love.











No comments:

Post a Comment