Monday, February 28, 2011

One of my favorite things in the whole world to do is to poke around Portland with no real agenda. And some of my favorite company to do that with are my girls.

Last week my girls got invited to do some voice recognition recordings for a doll thats being developed. The ones doing the developing needed samples of girl's voices from the targeted age groups and my girls were invited to come do some samples. Always up for an easy $20 (well, mostly always) and an excuse to head into Portland we grabbed the chance.

This is a new sandwich stand in NW. Grilled P&J. Sound wierd? They were so good! Fiona got the Oregonian. Hazelnut butter, blue cheese and I think strawberry jelly. Me, the Thai, orange marmalade, hot pepper sauce, hmmm... can't remember the rest.. But it was really good. And Irene got one with peanut butter, bacon, and I can't remember what else. Hers was sooo messy. But they were all really good. I thought the whole idea of the stand was really fun and creative though. We'll definitely go back when out that a way.


The differences in my girls personalities was very marked when walking past the windows of this shop. Fiona (The youngest of the three middle girls) saw all the pink and bling and about had a heart attack. "Oh, mama can we go in there ohpleaseohpleaseohPLEEEEEAAASE!!!!!!"


But walking in Elisa says "PINK. Why? Why? Why?!"



This is what a telephone pole looks like after 50 years of concert posters are stuck to it. Kind of gross, really.



Red door on the Episcopal Church. 
William Temple House.

Portland provides metal rings along the sidewalk for folks to tie up their horses.



Elisa had to go into the Jaguar Dealership on Burnside. Here she shamelessly covets. :)

I'd rather something a little more sedate. 

It was a fun day. Elisa took the pictures, my camera being out of batteries. If I'd have taken them there would be ones of them reading the manga books at Powells. I love that I can go shopping with my girls and have a great day together. :)

6 comments:

  1. I love that peanut butter stand! I got the Oregonian last time. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun looking day! I would love to poke around Portland. It would be a whole new thing for this Texas girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Sara the only reason we went there was because you guys told us it was good. I had walked past it and one of the girls said "Hey look there's that stand the Cones told us about." It was so stuck back from the sidewalk I didn't see it, I had my eye on a little vintage shop a bit beyond. :)

    Leslie, we would have fun. We could tour all the yarn shops my girls have no patience for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy saw the pink store and said, "Pink walls!? Is that in this world?" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like she thought it was heaven? or..... :P

    ReplyDelete