Friday, March 20, 2009

Heheh-the baby came and pushed a button while I was thinking, thus the non-post below.  Then I had to get up and do something and so I guess I'll just leave it there for humors sake.  :)  I am no writer.  I should do more blogging to practice.  It isn't that I don't have anything I want to talk about but I just look at that blank screen and freeze up!  Either that or the pictures I want are on another computer, etc. etc.  I guess there are seasons to life and this season (among other things) is the season of sporadic blogging.

So what do I want to talk about today?  I want to talk about Mark Driscoll.  Have you heard that guy preach?  I have to admit I was rather dubious of him to start with.  I like my preachers "classic", you know, with a tie at least.  I don't mind robes even.  Mark Driscoll wears jeans and tees.  And he even kind of has one of those "fo-hawks" hairdos.  And I remember back in the days when I was so into rock and heavy metal even and guys would dress up like us and to to fit in so they could "talk" our language or what ever (like teachers trying to act like they were cool) and well usually it just kind of seemed dorkey.  We called those guys posers.  

But the more I listen to Mark Driscoll, the more I really do like him!  He is so direct and right on!  He has tons of free sermons on their church website.  I have been listening to hours of them.  I will have to send them a donation for the service because I really do appreciate it.  I found the series on spiritual warfare VERY helpful.  Also the series on 1 & 2 Peter.  Shayleen has been listening to the ones on Revelation and she absolutely loves them.  He really makes the Bible alive for the younger folks.  

If you haven't listened to him, treat yourself.  But give yourself a good 45 min -hour to listen because he isn't short winded!

 

3 comments:

  1. Don tknow if I could take it straight from a guy in a tee shirt and jeans. I am so Mennonite , ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kerri,

    Our two oldest sons who room together in Seattle both attend the church Mark Driscoll pastors. Needless to say, they do appreciate him, though they were brought up more confessionally reformed than Driscoll, who I understand is reforming, but not necessarily 'reformed.' Is that an accurate statement?

    In any case, I'm thankful you find him beneficial and a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Darling maybe you could cut out a little high necked brown coat and tape it to the computer screen to make it more comfortable for you. ;)

    Joyce-I don't know about what he thinks about baptism but he is a Calvinist. I don't know his eschatology either, that would be interesting. We haven't gotten that far into the Revelation series.

    ReplyDelete